What does McDonald’s, Apple, and Nike have to do with you and your business?
In 1954, when Ray Kroc drove into the very first McDonalds Restaurant, he saw fast service! Ray took the idea and ran with it. It wasn’t long, and other companies were following Ray’s business model. McDonald’s restaurants served more than 58 million people a day in 2008.
For almost 30 years, Apple has maintained its lead in computer, consumer electronics, and innovative software. In 2008, Fortune Magazine named Apple the most admired company in the United States. Devoted Apple customers boosted sales for 2008 to over 32 billion dollars worldwide.
In 1968 Nike co-founder Phil Knight was selling shoes out of the back of his truck. Now, thanks to brilliant branding and taking the lead in the fitness revolution, Nike’s 2008 sales topped 18 billion dollars. Nike is clearly the leader in shoe sales.
Here are three dynamic companies. Here are three companies that are the leaders in their niche. Here are three companies that other companies emulate. Here are three companies that are outstanding models for others.
Ray Kroc, Steve Jobs, and Phil Knight all started out on the bottom rung and had climbed the ladder of success. They started with the basics and expanded with their own branding and creativity.
You are about to embark on an adventure. The adventure of making money using the Internet. So how are you going to do that?
You are going to do what McDonald’s, Apple, Nike and thousands of other companies have done. Find a niche, follow a working model and expand.
The business model you will be learning is pretty basic. I will be guiding you to the best resources for this simple, but very successful formula.
- Start a blog as a home base.
- Make money from your blog.
A blog is a dynamic tool. (Dynamic: characterized by continuous movement, advance or expansion.)
- A Blog is a website.
- A blog allows you to continuously add information, and receive information back.
- Keeping your blog active with new content makes your website rate higher with the search engines*.
You can make money from your blog in several different ways.
- You can sell affiliate products.
- You can sell your services.
- You can sell your own products.
- You place paid advertising on your blog.
- You can sell your blog.
You can expand out from your blog.
- You can start new blogs.
- You can create niche sites related to your blog.
- You can create a forum.
- You can sell memberships to training or special information.
To get started you must learn your computer.
- Learn your keyboard, desktop, and mouse.
- Learn your browser.
- Become familiar with the Internet.
- Learn how to search and find data on the Internet.
- Learn your Operating System; Window or Mac OS.
- Learn how to open, close, move and change the size of your window.
- Learn how to create files and folders.
- Learn how to save files, documents, and folders.
- Learn how to drag and drop.
- Learn how to install and open a program.
- Learn what a PDF is and how to open one with Adobe Reader.
- Learn how to copy and paste text.
- Learn how to send and receive Emails.
P.S. I remember seeing McDonald’s change their marque to 1 million hamburgers sold…now that makes me feel old.
*Search Engines index millions of sites on the Web, so that Web surfers like you and me can easily find Web sites with the information we want. Google and Yahoo are examples of search engines