Blogging is one way to make money in the current internet era. This is the same as having a ‘home’ or place in cyberspace. The house you have to shape as you want. Designing the ‘house’ is certainly an important part that can make you or any person who comes to feel comfortable. Well, in this topic we will discuss about the design of your home or blog. What should you consider when choosing your blog’s design?
It is the most important consideration when choosing your design. Choose a design that personifies what your blog is about.
It needs to be taken into consideration. Photographs bring life to a blog. Both amateurs and professionals will need to pick a theme that struts their stuff.
It features are a must now days. The trend is toward using more and more video. Although is is easy to place video with in your blog post, you may consider a theme that features video also.
Show Your Talents
Your blog should reflect your product and services.
Seven Rules of Good Blog Design
- Content is king. A blog is about content so keep your design simple.
- Stand out. Your design should make you stand out from all the other blogs. You want to be remembered.
- Stay ad lite. Do not overrun your blog with ads. Be effective with you ads.
- Color. Good use of color will make your blog posts easy to read and a pleasure to visit.
- Above the fold. Place all of the important information above the fold; start of content, subscription boxes and important images.
- Navigation. Because people will come to your blog by SEO and social media they may skip the front page. It is important that your side bars are easy to navigate. You only have a short time to keep your visitor, so make it easy to stay a visit.
- Loads quickly. Do you get impatient when a site loads slow? Make sure to keep your visitors attention with a site that loads quickly.
Take a look around and pick out blogs you like. What is it you like about them? Was it color? Content? Did you want to look around? What persona do you want to portray? What will make you stand out from the rest? What colors do you like?