Finalizing and Registering your Domain Name is your next step. Yeah! this will be fun.
Qualities of a good domain name.
- Make it short. With domain registration on the rise it is becoming a little more difficult to find short names. A one word domain would be perfect but almost impossible. So go for next best, two or three word names. Mom.com would be ideal. Simplemom.com excellent and Simplemomsays.com is still good.
- Must be easy to spell. Avoid using weird spellings or combination of letters. The domain would be hard to remember and the chances of your traffic going off some where else is pretty darn good. Not everybody can get away with a name like del.icio.us.com.
- Make it easy to remember. This one is pretty obvious. Making your name easy to remember makes it “remarkable”. You are easy to find and to tell others about.
- Eye catching. If your domain name catches attention when people are searching they will drop by. Give a good description of what you are about. Iphonesales.com would be much better that Ronsiphonesales.com. Ronssales.com does not work because you don’t know what it is.
- Avoid symbols. Using a hyphen, numbers can be confusing and send your people in the wrong direction. It is easy to forget a hyphen and hard to remember to use a 4 instead of four.
- The right extension. A .com extension is best. When people are trying to find a website they will type in .com first. Most people do not pay attention to an extension when they are looking for a website so they will just enter in .com.
Do your best to meet all of these qualities and you will do well.
How to do a Keyword Search and register your domain with GoDaddy.
This is not the clearest video so check it out closely you’ll get the idea. Google Keyword Tool is very easy to use.
I highly recommend GoDaddy. They are great for cheap domain name registration. Remember to only register your domain name. You will be learning about hosting next.
P.S. While you are at it register you own name and the names of your children or grandchildren before your names are gone. I would also suggest that once you come up with a name you like register it now. It is said that name scrappers will take the name and it will be gone when you go back. Good luck with your domain name registration.