“Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you chances are it will burn very briefly.” Steven R. Covey
1. Count every little success. Don’t be so hard on yourself. When you first start writing blogs, it can seem like posts take forever. But with each completion is a success. When the blog is published that is success. Count each step as a success and it becomes easier and easier.
As your sphere of influence gets bigger, new problems will arise. View resolving each new problem as a success and your sphere of influence will grow again.
2. Get a Partner. Find someone to share your successes with. Pick some one with like goals, who is supportive of your endeavors. My partner is my sister Kathy. We can run ideas and problems by each other. We also share our successes.
3. Produce a product. Nike Shoes tag line is “Just Do It”. You will be amazed at how well this works for blogging, business or in personal matters. When I feel unmotivated I produce a product….write an article do and interview or design a new label. Keep it simple. Choose something you can easily confront. Make it a success!
“If opportunity doesn’t knock build a door.” Milton Berle
4. Do something for some one else. This action step works really well. Stop moping around and get in there doing for another person. This step is inclusive of the steps above; a quick success, sharing with another and producing a product. Soon you will be back on track in your own endeavors.
5. Review your Vision. If you have not written your vision of what you want, do it. You can’t reach the top of the mountain if you do not know that the mountain exists. When it is hard to push through use your vision as motivation to stay the course. Have courage.
“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
P.S. Please feel free to share what helps you to stay self motivated. What are your motivation techniques?